Friday 30 July 2010

How do I love her?

I think I'm developing this unhealthy habit of mentally not working on fridays even though I'm there physically. If I was an employer of labour and I was paying you to work on friday then you better work. God, though, is His infinite wisdom has deem it fair to spare the world the indignity of my pride - and I'm grateful - at least for now.

Talking about God, yesterday my family and I read Jeremiah 3. Hindsight helps to further drive home the message in Jeremiah. You see Jeremiah lived in the time of the last 3 kings or thereabout of Judah. In chapter 3, God makes a plea - it's simple and it's direct. First he tries to make them realize that they've done Him wrong (cue babyface singing 'til u do my right...'). Then he gives them an option: say I'm sorry and mean it - and the threat of Nebuchadnezzar (i bet the spelling is wrong) would go away. God's ubercool - way cooler than I could ever be. I wish I could be like Him really - eternality would be a blast.

I'm on the verge of asking her out. I've always been impatient for a shy guy. I usually just watch non-chalantly but get me interested and it's like a fireworks show. Now, I think about her a lot. Sometimes, I'm scared that she'd say no. I'm convinced that there's nothing awesome or cool that I could give her. I'll totally be the lucky one. Other times, I'm scared that I might hurt her - if there's anything I know its that I can be vindictive. I'll 'overlook' the multitude of the wrongs till I snap one day (think live version of Dr Gru in Despicable Me). My communication, obviously, also sucks - just ask my previous and up until her, only, gf. She's sweet, God-fearing, caring, stubborn and defiant. I've prayed and I think God's answered but I'm at the point where I'm praying "I believe, please help my unbelieve". I bet Stephen Curtis Chapman would be proud of me - I'm living out the words of one of his songs (the same one this post is named after).

I heard Sade's 'babyfather' on last.fm then went looking for the video on youtube. Nice song. I should paste a link to it... but I won't.

No comments: