Friday 28 May 2010

Snap out of it....

Productivity-wise it can be said that I've been in a rut. I've done little of worth this week. I'm not mad at me though... I like it like this.

but does He always...

So i finished reading deuteronomy earlier this week. I almost started getting emotional at the end too. I really like Moses - he's the model of what every christian should strife to be: tight with God. It reminds of SS last saturday. The facilitator says that Gos always answers prayers immediately. I've always had issues with this since I think (used to think) that sometimes he doesnt. So this other guy says when his wife falls ill and he prays that's all there is to it - no calling back home during the day to say "are you fine or other nonsense like that". So i started thinking.

- In the first place, God never said he wont answer (as long as we ask according to his will of course)... And his word is true!
- Sometimes the answer is NO... or WAIT. Best example of NO is God telling Paul that the scales had to stay on.
- Sometimes the answer not forth coming because our sins have hidden us from God i.e. the prayer never went past the roof (almost)
- Sometimes we dont hear the answer because its not the one we want. Alternatively, we already have the answer and we know it but we dont like it so we pray for him to change his mind (we'll talk some more about the impossible later)

The last point brings out an interesting view of faith - trust. Faith is trusting God's plan regardless of how I feel about it - and it really can feel like a terrible plan sometimes (ask a 90 year old Abraham). I need this type of faith o... God know.

It's memorial day weekend (did I mention that I love holidays) and I managed to get off work early today (cue much shock and disbelief)... as I don't have anything else to write I'll leave with you the chorus of the song that was playing as i left work this afternoon (Brent Jones)

(Kick off your shoes and relax your feet) He's the only one who can give you peace.
(Kick off your shoes and relax your feet) Forget about your troubles...

We're gonna have (goodtime)
Everything will be (alright)
He'll turn your midnight (sunshine)
Relax your mind (Lay your burdens down let me see ya smile) [x2]

No comments: