Friday 4 June 2010

next time it could be... me

apart from the lack of capital letters (i refuse to bring myself to hold the shift key) nothing's happening this side of the planet. another one of my colleagues left the building today and i have a sneaky feeling...
i was talking to an uncle about the future and he said i should not be scared 'cos the children of God dont beg for bread. of course, my first thot was "children of God? who told u that i qualify?". i really need to go fishing but i dont know how to swim and Lord knows I have no intension of stepping on water unless i can swim. i wish this train ride would continue... forever

more importantly, the world cup is almost here and i'm seriously thinking of getting a tv. this morning i made the mistake of googling pricers and came to one conclusion - the world has gone stark crazy. how else do you explain asking me to pay more than a thousand dollars for a tv - HD or not. seriously, people need reality check - there are starving children in america. so i think i'll just pick up a digital converter and stick with the analog tv @ home. I'll have to connect my laptop to the tv for the non-usa games but that's ok.
speaking of laptops, my comcast internet special expired and my monthly rate got bumped up to $55. so now I'm in a quandry - do i switch to dsl (more value since i get a landline for the same price) but sign a contract or do i continue with comcast without a contract?

my grandma's visiting. ah! i'm so going to gain weight over the next few weeks it's going to be surreal. but more importantly there's an older person i came talk to. it's crazy how as a teenager i hardly spoke to her but how now i listen to her a lot and i respect her counsel. i think part of it has to do with her been willing to accept my point of view more and me been humble even to know that she wants what's best for me and that her words are purely altruistic no matter how painful. we've both evolved. now if only i could say the same about my mum and I ;)

I started reading 1 Peter yesterday. one thing that struck me was how pete was passionate about how my life's got to change because i now live through the power of God by faith. and today pete makes it worse by saying i should honour the government. to be fair to him the verse says something like "honour men, love your brethen, fear God, honour government". Good thing he emphasized the power of God, the work of the Holy Spirit and the death of Jesus in chapter one, otherwise I'd have immediately switched back to reading eccleciates.

I think I'll put brian mcknight's "one last cry" on auto-replay... or not!

No comments: