Friday 21 May 2010

Production ready...

If you had told me three months ago that I'd feel experience such euphoria over a project that I am working on I'd have laughed at you (what with reports of me promoting bad code). But today as i leave work I feel nothing but pride and happiness. I've had this feeling before but it's usually associated with me giving my all to something and watching it fail (for some reason I seem to like lost causes). You see, I have no regrets when I give something my all and it fails. Conversely I feel no joy when I coast to success... I guess its been drummed too hard into my head that a worker is only worthy of his wage. Moreover, I have given up way too much for this project so I guess some euphoria is only to be expected. Life goes on, though - the fact that I'm on the train going home confirms that.

In any case, if I can wrap up the alumni site this weekend this would really be the weekend that I came of age. Contrary to popular opinion - God dey!

Thank God its sabbath tomorrow. Last sabbath was real cool. How many of you have been in a class where the substitute teacher is more fun than the real teacher? In any case we talked about Israel coming out of egypt. We talked about how the saved people where not saved because they were better than the others but because they accepted God's offer and likened it to how we are saved by accepting Jesus (that's Grace and Salvation 101). Of course our acceptance of God's offer is often demonstrated by some act of obedience - killing the lamp and putting its blood on their doorposts, loving that annoying boss, blah blah blah. We also talked about how God took them around the philistines and through the red sea so they wont turn back paradventure they saw war. Yet each Israelite, that day when they faced the red sea, didn't see how that was the best option. It makes you understand better why Paul says in everything we should give thanks for that is the will of God in Christ Jesus. The thing is it could be worse whatever the situation you are in now. The other thing is that God would always come through. Yes, Abraham and co. died expecting the promise but the thing is that the promise did come and much better one day they'll be resurrected and it would be alright.

I think instead of reciting positive affirmations each morning I should just remind myself that "God is in charge".

In other news, I'll try and post something scala/lift related soon otherwise this blog would just turn into a church real soon (not that I mind though). I'm also learning Qt right now. Its taking me back to my C++ beginnings but I'm enjoying it. Moreover, I'll finally be able to write apps for my personally use on my linux box and on my N900 (the later is my main motivation for learning qt). One of my Uncles once mentioned that I should try programming for the iphone. Let's just say he saw the light after (at my prompting) he successfully jailbroke his phone... Iphone ko sanitary pad ni... I dont know which one I'm more disagreeable towards now self - M$, Apple or Google. I guess that the fact that I dislike (or I'm scared of) each company for different reasons doesnt help in choosing.

What next? How about picking my guitar and continuing to work my way through third day's "Cry to Jesus"... at least for another 20 minutes tonite that's the deal (no long term plans for me).

In everything give thanks!

No comments: