Friday 7 May 2010

Almost cannot kill a bird

So... It's almost one year since i last visited this site - talkless of actually writing. What can i say - i still luv smooth jazz :) Seriously though, adult education no easy o (at least not on yankee). But thankfully it will be over this year. PhD will be alright - dem no born me born sufferhead.

It looks like my nasty habit of saying yes has got me in more fix this year than eveni could have imagined. With age comes the realization that you are human. All that iron man - Dr. Who brvado only happens in HD. Real life is more subtle, more wicked, more fun (depending on how you choose to see it) - for instance, I've started brushing up my resume becuase i know i could out of job in as little as one month
(now that makes me double grateful that exams are over this semester).

Some of you wish-asses will be having 'aha' moments now - like no wonder he has time to blog. Well, let me burst that bubble right now. The only reason you will ever see this here blog is because i got me an N900 and some nice dude wrote MaStory (an opensource app that allows you to blog from your phone). So this here is my thank you to him/her (giving how clean the app interface is i'm inclined to think that its either he is a she or Steve Jobs has something to tell us). Giving that he/she will most probably never see me thanx I am left to bank on the fact that we all connected somehow in giving this thanks here. Enough givings.

In other news, the train is stuck between buckhead and lindberg and I'm on it. I kinda feel sorry for those of you reading this right now as there's really no purpose to my rant right now. But that's okay - Yar' Adua didnt die in vain.

One more thing though - i read an article a few minutes ago at work about how ipad is killing netbooks. Seriously folks dont buy into the hype. Apart from buying an expensive electronic foto frame its hard for me to have anything seriously positive to say about that partticular piece of hardware - but then again thats not surprising seeing that i dumped my iphone 3.0 for a pre-released N900. My point is dont let the hype dictate for you - netbook sales may be reducing but, at the risk of been wrong (it's not like i've not been wrong before - after all HTC, motorola and co are busy helping create the next microsoft in google without realizing it), i dont think the Pad has a lo to do with that.

So there my friday rant... Maybe it would my weekly thing like goodplaya on friday (get it?). God has a plan... for tomorrow He thinks you should rest - He'll never force himself on you but you really ought to listen to him ;)

No comments: