Friday 14 May 2010

Tire no be lazy...

It's hard to believe but this is the second post with this title that i've typed in the space of two days. The first, yesterday, was centered around why i wont be getting Jennifer Knapp's new album but i find today that it's not worth the effort or the read (not that anything here is what reading in the final analysis). One of the comments on the article sums up my feeling - we get divorced, we ordain females, we have gay church leaders - so why again do we call ourselves christian? To be clear I think female church leaders are inevitable in our day and age and i've got nothing against Jennifer been gay (she's basically exerciing her God given prerogative). It's just that (and it scares me to say this knowing full well that I'm so sinful) God told Adam not to eat of the fruit and despite his best intensions the fact remains that he ate the fruit. Dont care of you interpret this statement but that's all folks. Case closed.

In other news, the question - why I'm so far from where i know i should be - struck me yesterday! I had this guest over and since she just would not leave i started to day-dream (she came over to play games on my phone). Hellen Keller was so right when she wrote that people dont like to think - i know i dont like to think about where I'm headed: the conclusions are almost never good enough. So i got to thinking yesterday and that's that!

I dont feel like going to church tomorrow. I know its good to go... It's one place where I can get my batteries properly charged... But i dont want to go. I assuming the fact that i dont have any friends there isn't the issue. I'm assuming it's the thinking I did yesterday that's getting to me - plus I've not studied my sabbath school guide in like forever anyway. I almost always ending up going to church regardless of how i feel though...

I've been reading Deuteromy each morning (almost) on the train to work. You'd be amazed at our fasinating the book can get - today I read 3 chapters and it was way fun. Chapter 18 and verse 13 says "You shall be perfect with (before) Yahweh your God". There's this phrase that i think is attributed to Ellen White - every command is a promise. If God says to do something it means he can bring it to pass in you... better still it means He wants to be bring it to pass in you. For someone like me that's a beautiful text cos I fall so far short of the mark. But that's because I tend to try too much on my own.... I guess this colors "working out my salvation with fear and trembling" in a whole new light. It's really about God's grace and my willingness to surrender.

Nice looking chic... but mine's the next stop. Have a swell sabbath people.

No comments: