Friday 27 August 2010

Long distance... not a problem!

I had a title for today but now I can't remember it. Thinking about what I should write today a couple of thoughts crossed my mind. For instance "keep it short" or "go straight to the point". Time is really hard to find nowadays now so whatever time I find has to be put to good use. Today, for instance, I plan to go see a movie instead of going to class. It's only the first week of class anyway and there's no point going to sit in class if I didn't read the material ahead of time. To put it clearly - I'm lazy - always have, probably always be :)

I read parts of John 13 this morning. Jesus tells Judas to go do what he would do quickly. It's wierd somewhat considering that Jesus knew what it was Judas was planning to do. But as I thought about it it started to make a little more sense (cue false theology and impending doom). The reality is that there's a time for everything and when the time comes acting like a sluggard won't cut it. Get to it and do it. I think it was Paul that talks about leaving the sinning brother to his ways as that may be the best wasy to save him. And in the book of Revelation, the message to one of the churches is "you are neither hot or cold". Put another way "you are always vaccilating (I'll have to check the spelling/meaning of this word) - one time doing good and going half way and the other time basically retracing your steps". Conclusion - not hot, not cold, spat out. Compromise has it's time and it's place (where it's actually a proactive act of faith) like everything else but God's designed life in such a way that each one is accountable and for that reason God really wants each one of us to get on with it - live life. Take that step. I believe God would much rather we took the right step (as in no Judas style gestapo missions) but the precursor to that is taking a step. Apparently there may be something worse than doing it all wrong. It's just sitting still and letting fear tie you down.

I've written the last paragraph down for me really. Life short - get along with it. God really would have it no other way.

No comments: