Friday 27 August 2010

when every thing falls apart

This week I'm posting twice. I wrote this last week and never got to post it.

Aug 20, 2010

This week has gone by in a blur. I can't say much has been achieved but I've started taking things slower in anticipation of next week. I like taking it slower. I wonder why I never thought about it before now. I think I'll continue taking it slow for the conceivable future - no point killing myself trying to get nowhere fast. The places that really matter in life are the places you won't have to hurry to get it - that's just the way it is.

So the new season resumed last weekend. It's funny to think that I once thought of making this blog an arsenal blog. I shrudder to think of the negativity that would be spewing on this page if that had indeed been the case. There're so few positives going into this season that I really pray we succeed. We need something of a miracle to win anything this season.

Talking of miracles, I've had my own fair share. It's now been almost a month that God has broken the chains. I read somewhere that an addict would always have the huge for the rest of his life. I don't know about that but I'm beginning to understand better the whole concept of God been strong in my weakness. And He is a merciful friend too. I'm grateful God.

Ah, so why the title you wonder. Well I could just be a party poop and say I just felt like typing it but that would be a lie. Over the course of the 4 weeks or so I've heard and appreciated Sheri Easter's rendition of this song. One of these days I'll hopefully put a link to a naija gospel song that I like.

I'm so thankful its friday - sabbath starting tonight. I'm grateful because I still have a job. There's a peace and security that comes from knowing that I'm not the one in charge - God is.

No comments: