Friday 11 June 2010

if you fall...

Lisa McClendon has this song about falling. Well the song is actualing about getting up again but that's one of the beauties of life - you can choose to see life as you see fit. In some quarters it's called "freedom of choice". The problem is that that phrase, apt as it may seem, has been so abused and misused that... I don't know where this is going so I'll just let it go.

Last sabbath afternoon was my best sabbath in a long time. After church towards the evening we just sat down and talked about the bible. Specifically we talked about sinlessness. I'm one of those guys that's read so many of those bible verses. See how that last sentence haerdly makes sense in and of itself? Well that's what I've been doing. It reminds me of God talking to Amos about how the children of Isreal had done the impossible in their sin (read it for yourself). We do impossible things everyday - scary impossible things. In any case, the whole discuss started because after reading 1 John 5 (I hope that chapter exists) where it says we should be sinless someone asked if we could really be sinless ever. I'll skip to what we believe the Holy Spirit said to us - Yes, you can be holy but no you'll never get to the point where you can say "I am holy" because it's God in you that makes you holy.

Since last sabbath I've fallen so hard so fast it scares me to type it. But this morning I was reading Peter and I came across that verse where it says God knows how to deliver the godly out of temptation. I think I needed that more than I needed forgiveness... I think! I tell you more thing - there's a God alright.

I've been learning Qt mainly because of my phone. So I've put a few weeks into this app and then find out that there's a more complete app out there that does just that. Well here's what I think: screw that I'm going to complete what I'm writing, put it up in the garage and of course install it on my phone. There's one person that would use the - ME. To be honest, though, I wont be recommending that anybody use software that I write. I still cannot believe that people pay me to write software... seriously.
My thoughts on Qt though are mostly positive. In fact the only gripe I have with it is the documentation - now the documentation just sucks. That said, it's a really nice GUI tool. I started out created Java based windows apps in the days and quite frankly Qt rocks in comparison. The fact that I programming for a linux based phone also helps too. Hopefully, I'll be done from next week and I'll be able to move on to other things (did I hear someone mention a port to android?).

World cup's started (condolenses to Mandela and his family) and I can tell you authoritatively that naija will win the tournament (what kind of naija dude would I be otherwise... plus it's just about the only thing that unites us so the longer the better). I'm not going to tell you who I think will be going home early (not scared I dont just want to jinx my naija prophecy). I'm going to tell you though that it includes one of the world's superpowers and I'm talking about England.

Talking about England I still don't get why people says I've got a british accent. But I like the fact that the lady at the security desk tries her best to pronounce my full name... all 4 syllables (along with intonation). What I feel for her is mix of admiration and pure empathy - to see a human try so hard and fall so miserably is a humbling experience, I shit you not. God bless her lovely soul.

End of the line... another week bites the dust. I'm loving life!

No comments: