Monday 26 November 2012

Woman,Black,Mad!



Dear page,

I can confidently say that this is sure not going to be my last ' straight out of the experience' post. Meaning, I just(i don't mean now now o) saw the movie about that woman that was really hurt by her husband(am not gonna say the title...else you'll start judging my timing). Moving ahead....

I admit that my eyes got misty at some point during the movie...(another thing,am a fountain when good movies are concerned) I have tried to teach myself how to watch him a movie without taking the story personal. That's the explanation for why I get mad when my fave act is mad,cry when he/she does, get high with excitement, and on and on. It's so bad that I even read the subtitles along(like a sing along thingi) and with the expression deemed fit too. I know I have it in me to be a great actress if I wanna,but nah!....dat's not my destination, though the 'bus could take me through that route.(my husband,be ye rest assured, there's nothing to be afraid of)

But the reason I picked up my gadget to start typing is cos of what Helen was made to go through. Her husband for 18yrs comes home on the day of their anniversary with a woman and says,that she should move out and that this other woman had 2 kids for him already. That's the summary. If I were in her shoes, what would I have done?

* I would have cried my eyes out of their sockets. She did!

* the next man that crosses my path would wish he was on another planet by the time am done reading him the charges against him for the 'crimes he did not commit'. The man in the movie didn't have it easy.

* I'll wallow in self pity for as long as pity allows me,(twld take a really long while) then I would come to my senses someday(or maybe God will remind me that he still loves me) and pick up the pieces of me that can still be put together. Her mother held her while she cried and told her(in sweet words) to get her life back.

* I'll make a mental note to make the man suffer as much as he made me,even if it's to strip him of whatever property he has or thinks he has. She didn't do likewise, instead she said to let him have it all. Am like,though I know you found a new love and the butterflies in your tummy are soaring, the man should still suffer. Kpshew!

* when I get the opportunity to punish him I would!  She ran to his side when he was sick.I was a little touched here,but it got jucier when she slapped him and started punishing him. I was like, this is one mad woman!

The movie ended well, she went back into the arms of her waiting new found love and her ex-husband was left with the ring and divorce papers.

I don't pray to ever go through this terrible event,but who does?  I was chatting sometime ago with a relative and we talked about the ordeal women go through. Some loose their husbands to death,  some to rivals, some to work and etc. When this happens, they are left helpless and stranded.  Some don't have people to turn to and some don't even to how to move on with their lives.

I praise those who have been able to find their footings, of course it's all through God's grace. Every day I pray for my husband. That he doesn't die suddenly and that he doesn't fall for the temptations too. I don't want to know the answer, but what would I do if I were to loose him?

Though I may not be stranded nor lack people to turn to, but there's the emotional vacuum. Even when none of the options are bearable, many would say loosing him to death is a lesser punch than loosing him to another woman.

The lesson herein?  Woman, as much as you pray against these, prepare your self with how to deal with the eventualities. Man, have you ever heard of the woman's wrath? I promise you this,you don't want to know how mad your wife can get.

Signed,
A fellow black woman.

No comments: