Saturday 17 November 2012

On School Grounds


I had to make a quick dash to the grounds whereon the structures of the school I attended are. If it were up to me, I'd have opted out on this trip(i've been going back and forth these grounds at a frequency I am not comfortable with), but the tag on the reason for the journey was 'IMPORTANT'. So I went!

It's strange how time applies to people in varying ways. I got here and - though I seem to visit this place more than I wish to, there were signs of W-I-P...work in progress. It's funny that this place always appeared busy. It didn't just appear so, it actually is.

I saw faces I hadn't seen in awhile, some I acknowledged, many I didn't. I saw some of my teachers and lecturers, some made me proud of them while the other few actually disappointed me. This is me assuming that situations affected them in similar ways. But as it has fallen on my ears over and over again that there are different strokes for different people, I would be less harsh in my recording my observations.

There's this man,he has always occupied the seat of the school's secretary (if his position has changed, it probably just did). This, I can conveniently say, has been for over 15yrs.  But the strange news is that he still carries the same bag as he used to. Of course he must have changed the exact bag,but what I mean is that he still carries those 'missionary bags', like the ones our fellow believers of another denomination - Jehovah's witness, carry.  Another thing is the 'yet to be confirmed' assumption of his not having a car yet. Of course again, times may not have been favorable to him.

This then brings the focus on me. Years have come and gone, plans made too. Some have gone as I wished and others?...down the drain! I recall the period of my graduation from University. We filled forms and answered questions centered on our projections for the next 5 years. What were my responses?

*N.Y.S.C - national youth service corp
*Masters degree
*Get signed on for a musical deal
*Settle down with my husband
*some others too.

I have not gone for my masters degree, I have not gotten signed on for any musical thingi,yes I am very happily married and I have served my nation.  A little regrets here and there, but I can't say I have not been blessed.

The hands of the clock have ticked and several things have happened. I have learnt alot, I have been to places, I have met people and I have gained experiences. Though I am not where I wished to be yet, I am consoled to know that I can still get there. I am not going to lose focus,I will look straight onto my destination.

I promise myself to be progressive in live and not be stagnant. When old friends see me, they've got to be able to say that things have fallen in place for me. They've got to say times have been good!

But of course, it's not going to be by my power, it's by God's grace.

No comments: