Wednesday 13 October 2010

Good reason...

I like to post, every friday, stuff I type on the train as I make my way home. Sometimes, I'm just too lazy to be thinking but lately I've been busy trying to play Wordsworth or Hughes to the most beautiful (inward and then outward) lady my eyes have seen. I hope she doen't mind 'cos I plan to court her forever.

=======================

I'll try to voice thoughts in my heart
lest they run riot and leave me limp.
I'll shout them loud; they'll ring out clear
on mountains rough or waters fast;
on frigid nights in barren lands
or stormy days in tropic isles.

In every stride your beauty takes,
On every word borne by your voice
these thoughts burn deeper yet in me.
Thoughts that mere words cannot relate
for there's beauty yet that words can't paint;
there's music yet that notes can't play.

I'd call you pretty if that would do
but I know 'fine' when she walks by
and she's not you - not by a mile.
I'd say your smile lights up my world
but I know lies when they are told
and you're no star - you're fairer yet.

There's that someone for everyone
that leaves us speechless as beauty goes,
that leaves us breathless each time they smile.
I've found that someone here in you:
I see your smile on every face,
Your sultry voice in every song

No comments: